Tuesday, March 31, 2020

March Wrap-Up and Mini Reviews

New Reads:

1. Hour of the Assassin by Matthew Quirk - I got this book on a whim from Book of the Month.  I wasn't sure if I would like a political thriller, but I really liked this one a lot.  I was invested in this one pretty quickly.  The action picks up right away and doesn't let up for the whole book.  This book had a healthy dose of politics and secret conspiracies.

2. The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver - This was my second book by Josie Silver.  I liked both of her books, though maybe I slightly preferred One Day in December.  This was an emotional read.  I preferred the Awake sections over the Asleep sections.

3. A Good Neighborhood by Therese Ann Fowler - This was a sad book that really puts you through an emotional wringer.  Brad is probably one of my least favorite characters that I have read.  I was mad at him throughout many of his actions in this book.  I would have liked a different ending than the one in the book.  It was a very good and powerful book, though sad.

4. The Broken Girls by Simone St. James - I'm not sure why it took me so long to get around to reading my copy of this book, because wow, it was so good.  I'm not sure which Simone St. James book I prefer of the two I've read, this one or The Sun Down Motel.  I may have to reread The Sun Down Motel to figure that out.  I loved all the main girl characters in both timelines.


Rereads:

1. The Winter Sister by Megan Collins
2. The Last Place You Look by Kristen Lepionka

No comments:

Post a Comment