Sunday, March 25, 2012

YA Philly Book Club 1st Meeting

Today was the first meeting of the YA Philly Book Club.  The book that we read and discussed was John Green's The Fault in Our Stars.  I enjoyed reading this book and then being able to hear other people's opinions of it.  We did not always stay on the topic of The Fault in Our Stars.  Conversations at the meeting varied from discussing John Green's book, to talking about The Hunger Games, to talking about querying and publishing.  Since I would love to be a published author someday, hearing people talk about the business was a valuable experience for me.  I got to be there with some authors, future authors, and bloggers.  I had a great time.  If you live in the Chester County Area, next month we are meeting to discuss Maggie Stiefvater's The Scorpio Races.  Right now, I am unsure of the exact location at which we will meet.


Katie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Christine. It was nice to meet all of you at the Book Club.

    ReplyDelete