Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #15: Personal Effects



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

 My pick for this week is:


Personal Effects
After his older brother dies in Iraq, Matt makes a discovery that rocks his beliefs about strength, bravery, and honor in this page-turning debut.

Ever since his brother, T.J., was killed in Iraq, Matt feels like he’s been sleepwalking through life — failing classes, getting into fights, and avoiding his dad’s lectures about following in his brother’s footsteps. T.J.’s gone, but Matt can’t shake the feeling that if only he could get his hands on his brother’s stuff from Iraq, he’d be able to make sense of his death. But as Matt searches for answers about T.J.’s death, he faces a shocking revelation about T.J.’s life that suggests he may not have known T.J. as well as he thought. What he learns challenges him to stand up to his father, honor his brother’s memory, and take charge of his own life. With compassion, humor, and a compelling narrative voice, E. M. Kokie explores grief, social mores, and self-discovery in a provocative first novel.

---
This sounds like a good male POV book that deals with the military.  I can't wait to read it once it is released on September 11th and find out more about Matt and TJ.


What are you Waiting On this Wednesday?  And have a great 4th of July!

Katie

15 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. I haven't seen that many male POV books that deal with the military. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been dying to read this book for months. I hope it's as good as it sounds. Thanks for sharing.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds heartbreaking, but also really, really good. I haven't heard of this before, thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower! :)

    Alyssa
    The Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds interesting, not my typical genre, but still I am intrigued. Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives- new follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds cool, very emotional. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm Genessis @ Gen's Reviews if you want to stop by. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds amazing! I'm always looking for new contemps to read! Thanks for sharing!

    And thanks for stopping by! :-)

    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds perfect for a Sept. 11th release. I will have to keep a look out for it. Not usually what I would pick up - a good one for the library! http://breatheinbooks.blogspot.com New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YESS A MALE POV! Haha, I'm just a bit overexcited since there are seriously not enough books told from a male's perspective! That alone has me itching to get my hands on a copy of this. But aside from that, it sounds like a really amazing book! Thanks for sharing and stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds quite good! And this is coming from someone who doesn't normally read contemporary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hearing good things about this book. eeek Sounds really good! Male POV is a big plus since we rarely get them or at least I think I've read more female POV. Awesome pick!

    Please drop by my WoW

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like an intense but great book ! :)
    Awesome pick ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Katie! I LOVE male POV books. I'm definitely gonna check this out.

    Thanks for checking out my WoW, and I'm a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a really interesting book, and the cover looks gorgeous. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not heard of this book before. Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for YA books from the male perspective. This looks really good by the way. :D

    ReplyDelete