Wednesday, February 5, 2014

January Wrap-Up

I'm going to start doing wrap-ups at the end of each month.  I'll put the books I read that month, as well as the books I'm planning to try to read during the next month.

This month I read 11 books.  They were:
Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles
Champion by Marie Lu
Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe (for school)
Reality Boy by AS King
The F-It List by Julie Halpern
Invisible Girl by Mary Hanlon Stone 
How to Ruin a Summer Vacation by Simone Elkeles
Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian

I liked most of the books that I read this month.  This year, I'm trying to balance the 1st person female POV books I read with more 1st person male POV, and 1st person dual POV with a male and a female so that the number of ones told by a male that I read is closer to equaling the number of books told by a female that I read.  Each month, I will also include the breakdown of gender POV of the 1st person books I read that month.  This month, the only book that wasn't 1st person was Things Fall Apart.

Female POV: 5 books
Male POV: 2 books
Dual Male-Female POV: 3 books
It looks like I did pretty well with reading some more books that have a male POV this month.

Books I Plan on Reading in February (this is subject to change):
Pivot Point by Kasie West (I'm rereading this before Split Second comes out)
Premeditated by Josin L. McQuein
No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale
The Selection by Kiera Cass
These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally
Split Second by Kasie West (I have this preordered, and I'm so excited for it)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (I want to reread this this month)
Unwind by Neal Shusterman (I've read this before, but I remember little of it, so I'm going to reread it before continuing the series)

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment