Friday, October 9, 2015

Mark Your Calendars: If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo

If I Was Your Girl 

 The book tells the story of Amanda Hardy, who moves to a small town in Tennessee to live with her father. She wants to make friends and fit in, but Amanda has a secret: she used to be Andrew, and fears that the truth could cost her her new life, and her new love. It's slated for publication in 2016.

---

This book doesn't actually come out until May 2016, but I was sent a bound manuscript from Flatiron Books for review.  My full review won't be going up until closer to release, but I just want to give you a few reasons why you should put this book on your to-read list now.  And you can also preorder it now here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/if-i-was-your-girl-meredith-russo/1122404495?ean=9781250078407. I loved this book and sped through it in less than a day, while I probably should have been studying instead. Whoops.  So here's the reasons you should read it.

1.  The narrator is a trans girl.

2.  The friendships are wonderful. 

3.  The family relationships and complex and fleshed out.

4.  It has a unique small town feel, and shows the experience of being trans in a small town in the South like that.

5. It is also really emotional at times.

This book is amazing and I highly suggest that everyone reads it.  It comes out on May 3rd next year. My review will be up in April, and it will elaborate on why I loved this book.

Katie 

1 comment:

  1. WOAH! I hadn't heard of this book until now but since we have such similar reading tastes, I am TOTALLY interested now. This sounds incredible! Onto the Goodreads TBR list it goes. :D Great post!

    ReplyDelete