Monday, September 10, 2012

Cover: Canary by Rachele Alpine

Canary


Today the cover for Rachele Alpine's upcoming 2013 release, Canary, was revealed.  I have seen some people say that it's different than any young adult books, and I agree.  I really like it.  I can't wait to read it, once it comes out in August 2013.

This is the book description:
If she stays quiet, it will destroy her. If she speaks out, it will destroy everyone.

Kate Franklin’s life changes for the better when her dad lands a job at Beacon Prep, an elite private school with one of the best basketball teams in the state. She begins to date a player on the team and quickly gets caught up in a world of idolatry and entitlement, learning that there are perks to being an athlete.

But those perks also come with a price. Another player takes his power too far and Kate is assaulted at a party. She knows she should speak out, but her dad tries to silence her in order to protect the team. The world that Kate was once welcomed into is now her worst enemy, and she must decide whether to stay silent or expose the corruption, destroying her father’s career and bringing down a town’s heroes.

Similar to Jandy Nelson’s The Sky is Elsewhere, Canary is told in a mix of prose and verse.


Katie


4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this book, Katie. So thanks for bringing it to my attention. Sounds intriguing. Now we just have to wait until Aug 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's a long time to wait. But there's so many other amazing books coming out too that I can read.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for featuring my book...you rock! I agree that August 2013 is so far away! I can't wait until I can share it with everyone. : )

    ReplyDelete