Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far in 2015

 
This is a meme on the Broke and the Bookish.  I really like this week's topic, so I'm going to be doing it.  To narrow my choice's down, I'm only going to be choosing from books I've read in 2015 that released in 2015, and these will be in no particular order.

1.  The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord - I loved this book! It had the perfect female friendships, as well as a fabulous ship that I was rooting for long before the characters realized that they liked each other in that way.

2.  Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli - This was such a fun and fluffy read with adorable characters.  It made me really wonder who Blue was, and I was happy with who he ended up being and the romance that ensued then.

3.  None of the Above by IW Gregorio - This was a book that taught me a lot about something that I previously knew next to nothing about, while also having a great story and characters that I loved.

4.  The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West - As usual, Kasie West delivered an adorable, fluffy contemporary.  I really enjoy the fake dating trope, and I loved it in this story too.  The romance and a new friendship that also forms were both great.

5.  More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera - This was an emotional and heartbreaking book, and I loved it.  It had a hopeful ending, even though there was so much heartwrenching stuff throughout.

6.  What We Left Behind by Robin Talley - This book doesn't release until the end of October, but I got an ARC and read it as soon as I got it, and this will definitely be one of my favorite books of the year.  I adored these characters, and I wanted their relationship to work out, and for the characters to really figure out their lives and find themselves.

7.  Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider - This was such a sad and yet also hopeful book, and it had such fun characters who all had their own quirks.

8.  The Distance Between Lost and Found by Kathryn Holmes - This was a great survival story that really made me worry for the characters as they were lost in the woods.

9.  My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga - This was a book with a super unique premise.  It was one when I really wanted the characters to change their minds and decide to live even though they didn't want to at the beginning of the book.

10.  Made You Up by Francesca Zappia - This was quite the unreliable narrator story since Alex had schizophrenia.  I really wondered what was real and what wasn't.  I also loved the romance so much.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment